With over 40 years of experience and the most certified rehabilitation engineers in the state of Michigan, the University of Michigan Health System Wheelchair Seating Service is the leading provider of custom mobility products in the area.
We provide mobility devices and custom seating systems for patients with special mobility, seating, and ambulation needs. From the initial evaluation to service after delivery, our priority is to provide the very best mobility product for each of our patients.
We have experience with all devices from the most basic and the most complex and pride ourselves on developing individualized plans that suit each person’s needs. Every year, we serve 10,000 adults and children who need wheelchairs and assistive equipment.
Services We Provide:
- Patient assessment and evaluation
- Innovative solutions for mobility and positioning
- Home assessment and modification suggestions
- Product research
- Equipment maintenance and repair
- Billing and reimbursement services and information
- Equipment planning and development
- Coordinated care with various health care providers
Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.