The U-M Comprehensive Musculoskeletal Center is a leader in improving mobility and quality of life for patients with bone, joint and spine conditions. Musculoskeletal Care at Northville uses various “Care Teams” made of providers from different specialties. Care teams practice collaboratively within the 20,000 square foot suite dedicated to musculoskeletal services. The space was designed for patient convenience and features exam rooms, cast tables, a hydro room, private treatment rooms, and a large therapy area with exercise equipment and locker rooms.
While the University of Michigan has several hundred nationally and internationally regarded surgeons, we certainly recognize that surgery isn't always the best option in every case or for every patient.
Before we suggest surgery, we consider:
- Whether other options are available
- Your age, weight and ability to withstand surgery
- Whether you have what your doctor may call "comorbidities" (other disorders or diseases)
- Input from your other physicians, including your referring physician, and other health care providers
- Results of tests and radiological images (blood tests, X-rays, MRIs, etc.)
- Results of any previous surgeries or procedures
Learn more about Orthopedic Surgery at U of M.