- UMHS Overview: A one-page summary of the U-M Health System. For more facts & figures about us, please visit this section of our website and use the left-hand navigation menu to reach pages about different topics.
- Better care, lower costs, improved health: We’re on the forefront of efforts to provide health care in a new way, both for our patients and for patients statewide. Here are some key examples.
- For more about our Accountable Care Organizations and other population health efforts, please see this page.
- Our positive effect on the economy – locally & statewide: As a multi-billion-dollar operation employing more than 20,000 people, UMHS has a sizable impact on the economy – as well as on the health of
our patients and the careers of our students. Here are some key facts.
- Children’s & Women’s Care at UMHS: Our long history of specialized care for infants, children and pregnant women continues today, with a grand new facility that houses many of our pediatric and OB/Gyn services.
- Emergency services and Survival Flight: For patients from around the state, and beyond, who need emergency care and rapid air medical transportation, our skilled teams are here around the clock.
- Working to be the safest & best hospital in America: We’ve received widespread acclaim for our efforts to improve patient safety and the quality and appropriateness of care, both at our hospitals and clinics, and beyond. Here’s a summary.
- The Michigan Model: Medical Malpractice and Patient Safety at UMHS
Since 2004, the U-M Health System has been in the national spotlight for its innovative approach to medical errors, mishaps and near-misses -- and their potential legal consequences including malpractice suits.
- Training tomorrow’s doctors: Graduate Medical Education at UMHS. We have one of the nation’s largest and most-respected programs for training physicians in primary and specialty care. Here are some key facts.
- Going green in health care and research: For more than a decade, we’ve been working hard to improve the environmental sustainability of all that we do, from running our buildings to performing lab work. Here’s just a glimpse of our efforts.
- Stem Cell Research: The technical, ethical and emotional dialogue over stem cell research can be confusing and even contradictory at times. Yet the science is racing forward at the University of Michigan and around the world. Learning more about all kinds of stem cell research will help everyone make better choices.
- Drug samples, drug reps and other industry interactions: We were one of the first medical institutions in the country to place strong limitations on the interactions between our clinicians and representatives of companies that make or sell medications, medical devices or other products. Learn more here.
- Continuing Medical Education funding: More about how we have changed the funding of continuing medical education programs (CME) in order to dispel the risk or appearance of conflict of interest.