UofMHealth.org gives quick access to doctor, clinic and hospital information, plus maps, news, and a free online library of health information
ANN ARBOR, Mich. - The University of Michigan Health System will launch a brand-new website just for patients and potential patients on Tuesday, February 1, giving them easy access to a vast amount of information about their health and all of the Health System's services and providers.
The new site, UofMHealth.org, was designed from the ground up to be user-friendly and comprehensive, with information and news about the Health System's vast array of physicians, clinics, hospitals, medical and surgical services, and patient amenities.
Also on February 1, the Health System's main website, www.med.umich.edu, will get a new look and easier-to-navigate structure. That site will continue to provide access to information about UMHS research, education and training programs, community service, partnerships and administration, as well as a gateway for physicians who refer patients for care and a comprehensive list of all websites related to UMHS.
- Profiles of each of the 1,600 physicians from the U-M Medical School's Faculty Group Practice, and other licensed U-M health professionals, who provide care at the Health System's facilities
- A library of videos, including video profiles of many physicians so patients can "meet" their doctor before their appointment.
- Maps and directions to UMHS locations in Ann Arbor and around southeast Michigan
- Floor-by-floor maps of buildings on the main medical campus including University Hospital, C.S. Mott Children's Hospital, Von Voigtlander Women's Hospital, Cardiovascular Center, Comprehensive Cancer Center and the Taubman Center outpatient building
- A detailed Patient & Visitor Guide with information about the many amenities available at U-M Hospitals and Health Centers facilities, from food options and parking to free WiFi internet access, gift shops and art galleries
- News stories about UMHS discoveries, clinical advances and events
- A wealth of background information about UMHS including facts and figures
- Quick links to help patients and community members learn about clinical trials, volunteer, or connect with UMHS on social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter