Act now to get coverage for the rest of 2015 and avoid tax penalties next April!
The federal Affordable Care Act (sometimes called Obamacare) brings many new options for health insurance coverage for individuals, families and small businesses.
- Medicaid coverage for more Michigan residents under the Healthy Michigan Act (Enrollment and coverage continue all year)
- Individual & family plans available for purchase on a federal Marketplace - and subsidies & tax credits that can lower the cost of buying these plans (ENROLLMENT DEADLINE Feb. 15, 2015)
- An online Small Business Health Options Program Marketplace for small businesses to buy coverage for their employees
Anyone can call our Patient Financial Counselors for help at (877) 326-9155 between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. Monday-Friday.
Or email them at PFC-Counselors@med.umich.edu .
Our staff is fully trained in all insurance options, and ready to serve our patients and their families, and the broader community.
The UMHS Regional Alliance for Healthy Schools (RAHS) also has several trained counselors available to offer by-appointment help.
Call 734-998-5795 between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday-Friday, or email UMHS-RAHS@umich.edu.
- Which plans will offer access to UMHS hospitals, health centers and doctors? Find out here.
- Read more in this post on our UMHS Blog site
- Get answers to common questions on this page
- If you have VA benefits, visit this page
- Read more about all the ways the Affordable Care Act is making a difference in Michigan on this page.
For general information about the Affordable Care Act and what it means to you, or explore and enroll in plans on your own, visit www.healthcare.gov for more information.
Last updated 1/23/15