Get your flu shot from the U-M Health System!
You can get vaccinated against the flu whether you’re a U-M Health System patient or a member of the U-M community.
For U-M Health System patients:
- Get vaccinated at your U-M primary care office– If you’re already a patient at one of our Family Medicine, Pediatrics, General Internal Medicine, Medicine/Pediatrics or Obstetrics & Gynecology clinics, you will be able to receive your vaccine from your provider during an appointment. If you already have an appointment scheduled, ask to be vaccinated while you’re there. If you don’t have an appointment coming up, you can get vaccinated at one of our convenient walk-in flu clinics.
- By appointment only: Wednesday, 1/16/2013 from 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM at the Briarwood Medical Group, Building #3, located at 375 Briarwood Circle, Building #3, Ann Arbor, MI 48109. Call 734-998-7207 to schedule an appointment.
- Walk-in: Thursday, 1/17/2013 from 3:00 PM - 7:00 PM at the East Ann Arbor Health Center, 4260 Plymouth Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48109
- By appointment only: Saturday, 1/19/2013 from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM at the West Ann Arbor Health Center, 4900-A West Jackson Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48109. Call 734-998-7380 to schedule an appointment.
- Or, call your provider’s office and ask if you can schedule a time to get vaccinated.
- Get vaccinated at a U-M specialty care office - If you’re already in the care of a U-M specialist, you may be able to receive your flu vaccine at their clinic. Call to inquire!
- Keeping Our Patients Safe— The U-M Health System has joined dozens of health care institutions throughout the country in requiring staff to be vaccinated against flu or to wear a protective mask during any patient interaction during flu season. The requirement is designed to help protect the health of our patients and their families and will especially protect the many people we care for who have serious medical conditions and weakened immune systems.
For members of the community:
Members of the community can also attend a Michigan Visiting Nurses public flu clinic. Companies and organizations that wish to hire our Michigan Visiting Care to hold a flu vaccination clinic on-site may call (734) 477-7229.
For University of Michigan faculty, staff and students:
Every member of the U-M community is encouraged to get vaccinated against the flu, and for many U-M Health System community members, vaccination or protective mask use will be required this flu season to protect our patients and visitors.
Reminder: You must have your blue hospital registration card to receive a flu vaccination.
- Health System faculty, staff, students, vendors, contractors and volunteers: From a UMHS computer, visit www.med.umich.edu/u/flu for full information about vaccination requirements, where to get vaccinated, and more.