The Hospital Dentistry service provides comprehensive dental care ranging from general dentistry and dental hygiene to such specialty areas as dental implants and maxillofacial prosthodontics. Our location at the U-M Health System enables us to care for the oral needs of patients with a wide array of conditions, both dental and medical. Our staff is knowledgeable about the oral manifestations of systemic diseases and the potential implications of medical conditions on the provision of care.
We consult with the patient's physician when necessary to assure a comprehensive approach to oral health. Special dental services include
- Treatment of the medically compromised patient
- Orofacial pain and temporomandibular joint dysfunction
- Diagnosis of mucous membrane diseases
- Pediatric dentistry
- Specialized radiographic diagnostics
- Periodontal therapy
- Our faculty is affiliated with the University of Michigan School of Dentistry and utilizes this resource in cases of needed referral to serve you in the best way possible.
Dentists are available for emergency call 24 hours a day, seven days a week regarding dental trauma, infection and pain.