Hormone Therapy

For people who would like to begin HRT (hormone therapy) but who are not currently on HRT:

  • Fill out and return the Service Inquiry Form for CGSP
  • Meet with a fully licensed mental health clinician who is knowledgeable about gender identity, and who is able and willing to write a letter of support for hormone therapy. Contact us if you need a referral to such a clinician. Please note that it is the policy of CGSP at Michigan Medicine that people meet with a therapist face-to-face, live, in person. Phone and/or Skype visits are insufficient. If this poses a problem for you, please contact us to discuss.
  • Ensure that your therapist sends a letter of support for the initiation of hormones to: CGSP, 2025 Traverwood Dr., Ann Arbor, MI 48105. The letter may also be faxed to 734-998-2152. The letter must come directly from the therapist to CGSP via mail or fax. If your therapist does not have experience writing letters of support for medical intervention for transgender people, please encourage your therapist to contact us before writing the letter.
  • Send CGSP a release, signed by you, allowing CGSP staff to speak to the therapist who wrote the letter of support for hormones, in the event that CGSP staff needs to reach the therapist to discuss their letter. We are not able to process the letter without a release.

For people who are currently on cross-sex hormones and would like to transfer their care to a Michigan Medicine provider:

  • Fill out and return the Service Inquiry Form for CGSP.
  • Ask your last hormone provider’s office to fax your last office note and last labs, showing that you are on cross-sex hormones, to CGSP at 734-998-2152.

When CGSP staff receives this documentation, they will contact you with information regarding setting up an appointment with a Michigan Medicine hormone provider.