Treating a Wide Variety of Breathing Problems
The Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine at the University of Michigan focuses on respiratory disorders and critical illnesses (conditions such as shock, respiratory failure, and multiple organ failure). Our comprehensive clinics provide multidisciplinary care by dedicated teams to treat the full scope of lung and breathing issues:
- Assisted Ventilation Clinic
- COPD & Emphysema
- Critical Care Respiratory Support
- Adult Cystic Fybrosis Clinic
- Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Sleep Apnea
- Women's Respiratory Clinic
From patient education and expert diagnostic testing to the newest treatments and follow-up care, we treat the whole person, creating individualized plans of care to meet each patient’s needs.
Accredited, Approved Care for Cystic Fibrosis, Pulmonary Fibrosis and LAM
- Accredited by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, our Cystic Fibrosis Program is the largest of its kind in the state, and has received Quality Improvement Awards from the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation for sustaining quality improvement work that led to better health outcomes for people with cystic fibrosis.
- We have been designated as a Specialized Center of Research for pulmonary fibrosis by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) for more than 15 years.
- Our dedicated LAM (lymphangioleiomyomastosis) Clinic is the only LAM Foundation-approved clinic in the state of Michigan.
Research Studies for Respiratory Disorders and Critical Illnesses
Investigators at the University of Michigan are actively involved in multiple research studies to understand, diagnose, and develop new treatments for pulmonary disorders. Clinical trials are an important part of our program, and can provide novel treatment therapies to patients before they are available widely. At any time, you can ask your doctor or any of our health care professionals about opportunities, or you can view or sign up for studies that are currently recruiting participants at UMClinicalStudies.org.
Make an Appointment
To make an appointment for evaluation of your lung or breathing issue, call us at 888-287-1084.