At Michigan Medicine, we pursue excellence in health care, research & education every day. Here are fast facts – follow the links to learn more about:
- Our people: We’re a community of more than 26,000 faculty, staff, students, trainees & volunteers
- Our patient care: Our three hospitals, 40 outpatient locations with more than 150 clinics, and extensive home care operations handle 2.1 million outpatient visits, more than 47,000 hospital stays in 1,000 beds, and much more each year
- Our education: Both our Medical School and School of Nursing are highly ranked, and train thousands of tomorrow’s medical & science professionals
- Our research: Our $466M research budget - - one of the nation’s largest – allows us to find new ways to understand, diagnose, treat, manage and prevent many human diseases
- Our facilities: Our main medical campus & satellite locations throughout Michigan and northern Ohio include more than 11 million square feet.
- Our financial performance: We’re strong and growing, with a total operating budget of more than $3.3 billion
Need more facts? See our Fact Sheets & Hot Topics page for printable one-page sheets about many topics.